Monday, January 13, 2014

Summer Victory!

I may be the last person in the sewing world to try out Victory Patterns but I finally have.  I picked up Simone and Satsuki from the darling Sarah of Sew Squirrel while at Frocktails in September.  Satsuki was meant to become my Christmas outfit but I ran out of time. In between sewing Imogen's outfit and teepee and all my baking something had to give.
victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green
So it may be a few weeks late but this top was definitely worth the wait!  When I first saw this pattern I was going to make it without the shoulder cut outs.  For some reason I thought they just looked really difficult.  I'm glad I got over that and did them because they are my favourite part.  I think the cut outs are what take this top from being basic to being awesome!
victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green
I made this with a green rayon that I bought from Spotlight.  Rayon is fast becoming one of my favourite materials to sew with.  It is so easy to cut and sew and has a gorgeous drape.  Although I would like to start sewing with some new materials this year so I better not get too attached!
victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green victory patterns satsuki top dress casual summer green
All in all I am very happy with how this top turned out.  I wore it out shopping as it is above but I think it would look gorgeous dressed up with some nice jeans for a dinner or movie date.  Versatile items like this are something I definitely need more of in my wardrobe.  Most of my sewing in the past has been dressy items that don't get worn a lot.  This year I want to try to make more functional items so more satsuki-esque items will be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx