Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 5 Goals


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a nice night last night and you aren't feeling too sore today.  Today felt like the perfect time to be sharing my goals for 2014.  I pretty much covered my reflections in my misses post that you can see here.  So onto my goals for next year!

2014 Goals

Sew with knit fabrics. Knit fabrics always scare me so I steer clear of them at all costs. This year I want to change that!  My first mission is going to be to sew a pair of leggings.  I found an awesome piece of material at Spotlight a while a go that I couldn't resist so I am well prepped.  Now I just need to find a pattern.  If anyone has any suggestions of a good legging pattern let me know!

Quality of Quantity! This one is not only for my sewing/knitting but also for my blogging.  I want to sew more items that I know I will wear rather than a million little things that will get pushed to the back of my wardrobe.  I also want to use more quality fabrics so that my makes will last longer.  With my blogging I want to focus on writing quality posts rather than how many posts I am writing.  I notice that this is the key difference between my blog and all the blogs I really love.  So if I'm not around as much this year I apologize but hopefully I will be bringing you lots of posts you love.

Make a jacket.  Jacket's are something that seem really hard to me.  I'm not sure why! This year I want to tackle some of my fears and so I want to make this year the year of the jacket.  I am looking at the Rigel Bomber and McCall's 6611 to start me off.

Refashion! The other day I read through the archives of A Pair and A Spare and it has inspired me to start refashioning more.  I have a lot of clothes! And a lot of clothes that I don't wear.  My plan is to do a big wardrobe clear out and refashion some of the things I don't wear.

Take Time to Enjoy Life!  This is a more general non sewing related goal for the year.  I am a very organised list orientated person.  I like to plan things and make sure everything is organised.  Sometimes this can get in the way of me actually enjoying what is going on around me.  This year I want to remind myself to stop and enjoy what is going on around me.  Imogen is growing up fast and I don't want to miss that because I am rushing through life.

So what are your goals for 2014?  Do you make resolutions or just wipe the slate clean and see what the new year brings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx