Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Present #1

Look, I made my first Christmas present! Given that we are only 15 days away from Christmas it is about bloody time.  The only presents I am making this year are for Imogen.  The past few years I have made a couple of things here and there for other people but the last three months of the year are hectic for us so I decided to focus my present making time on Imogen.
black apple doll martha stewart tutorial handmade christmas gift present easy black apple doll martha stewart tutorial handmade christmas gift present easy
So present number one is this little doll who I am going to call Clover.  She was made using the black apple doll pattern available here.  Essentially this is a very easy make! The hardest part was turning the legs and arms right side out because they are so tiny.   This is also why I decided not to stuff the arms and legs.  I stuffed one and it became really stiff.  I thought it would be a bit easier to play with if it wasn't stuffed.
black apple doll martha stewart tutorial handmade christmas gift present easy black apple doll martha stewart tutorial handmade christmas gift present easy
I also decided to stitch the face rather than paint it on as I have absolutely zero painting/drawing skills.  Lastly, I added a little extra touch with a flower in her hair.  I love when Imogen wears her flower headbands so I thought this would be a nice addition.  I am really happy with how this turned out! Fingers crossed Imogen likes it.  Now onto the other 2 presents.  Keep your fingers crossed for me to get them done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx