Monday, December 2, 2013

When Scout Met Jenny!

I meant to post this little outfit last week but time just ran away from me.  I can't believe we are in December already. Christmas is just around the corner and I am far from prepped!  But I digress. This little outfit is made from another two quick and easy projects that were designed to reignite my sewjo.  They are fast becoming two of my favourite patterns so don't be surprised if you see them pop up a few more times on the old bliggity blog.
burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee
The first pattern is of course the easy peasy perfect skirt that is Jenny by Burdastyle.  I have made this skirt twice already (version one/version two) and the more I make it the more I like it.  I should probably try making a proper pencil skirt version but with the hot weather we are having at the moment minis are totally the way to go.
burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee
I found this fabric at Spotlight recently.  Honestly that place is my kryptonite.  I walked in there for some binding and some buttons.  I walked out with binding, buttons and about 5 metres of fabrics.  Safe to say Corey wasn't impressed.  But how could I resist the colours!  And check how I matched those stripes.  They certainly aren't perfect but considering my lame ass matching skills I am pretty stoked with it.
burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee burdastyle jenny skirt mini grainline studio scout woven tee
And what's hiding under my jacket.....why that's my newest scout of course! There isn't a lot to say about this one.  It's my second Scout by Grainline Studios and I made it with a white rayon I picked up on the same trip at Spotlight.  I was going to embellish it and then I realised that I don't have a plain white tee in my wardrobe.  Isn't that ridiculous! Well I have firmly fixed up that little issue.  But it has made me realise I should look into fixing some of the other holes in my wardrobe.  Hmmm maybe I should get started on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx