These shorts were so easy to make! I am a bit lazy so I didn't bother doing a muslin. Thankfully I didn't need to and the fit was spot on straight out of the packet. The only difficulty I had was when I mucked up a couple of buttonholes and had to redo them. That was due to my own stupidity rather than the pattern though. So I would give this pattern two big thumbs up for anyone that is wishing to make a pair of shorts.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
The Gingham Project
In my books you can't go wrong with gingham! Big gingham, small gingham, all colours of gingham. I just can't resist it. So when I was shown this gorgeous roll of black and white gingham at Alannah Hill in Melbourne I knew I had to have some. And I wasn't the only one. Lizzy, Lizzy, Amanda and Rachel all jumped on board too. We decided to organise a little challenge and all buy 2 metres and see what we could do with it. Lizzy has made a gorgeous dress and mine is the second completed project.
I wasn't really sure what I was going to make at first. I don't actually know what originally made me decide on shorts but something drew me in this direction. The shorts are made with the Movie in the Park pattern by Dixie DIY. I spent a lot of time trying to decide what colour binding to use on these but finally settled on green. I am really glad I did! Green compliments the black and white so well without being too obvious.
The fun little trick with these shorts is that the bottom three buttons are purely decorative. I love the look of the buttons down the side but I can't imagine how annoying they would all be. Thankfully the bottom three are all sewn up safe and secure. You get the adorable look of the buttons without the worry that they're all going to pop open and leave you pantsless!