Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cheshire Cat Blanket

A little more stash busting has been taking place at my house this week.  I have managed to use up a few more balls of wool on this darling little hooded blanket.

Cheshire Cat Blanket

Yarn: Marvel 8 ply
Needle: 5mm straights
Start/End Date: September 4th/September 15th

Cheshire Cat Blanket

I love the stripes! They remind me of the cheshire cat hence the name. Can't you just imagine how cute it would look with a newborn all swaddled up inside.  But apparently Corey's family can only birth boys.  Out of 13 kids in Corey's family there are only 4 girls.   Those are not good odds!  So into the gift box this blanket will go until someone has a little girl that it can be gifted to.

Cheshire Cat Blanket

I blocked the crap out of this blanket but for some reason the hood still rolls.  I didn't do any edging cause I ran out of yarn and I didn't want to buy anymore.  That would just defeat the purpose of stash busting!  So I have decided to let it go and embrace the imperfection.  I think it's cute with or without the rolling!  This was a bit of a mindless knit being basically a stockinette square so I think I might need to make something a little bit more interesting for my next project.  Stockinette is a bit boring after a while!

2 comments:

  1. Look super-cute and it'll make a lovely gift. My VB was gifted a hoodie blanket when she was born and she still uses it most days (she's nearly 4 now), this will be so useful to the recipient. And kudos to you-how disciplined are you on the no-spend, well done.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the monochromatic stripes. I actually think the rolling looks nice - like an intentional edge.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx