Friday, September 2, 2011

Read More - August

Ok, not going to lie, I was totally awesome in the read department this month.  I seriously smashed it compared to the last two months.  I managed to read 6 books this month!  Impressive, no?  Ok, before my head gets any bigger here is what I read this month....


The Devil You Know is the other book I picked up at the Borders sale and I must say this one was much better than the other one.  It is about a young boy whose father gets out of jail and moves back in with him and his mother.  It is about the father learning how to change his life and the son learning how to stand up for what he believes in.  There was a bit of motorbikes thrown into the mix too which always makes me happy.  Growing up with a dad who rides motorbikes and always having motorbikes at our house I have a strange attachment to men on bikes.


Marching Powder was really good!  This book was recommended to me by every guy I know and my dad had just finished reading it and passed it onto me.  It is a true story about a guy that is caught smuggling cocaine and is put in jail in Bolivia.  It is extremely disturbing in parts but was also one of those books you just couldn't put down.


Divergent was lent to me by the wonderful Maria over at Movie Mazzupial.  She also lent me Hungers Games and Tamara Drewe.  Divergent is a fantasy novel set in the not too distant future.  I don't really know how to explain the story but if you liked the Hunger Games then you will love this.


Maria has been telling me to read Hunger Games for ages and I finally borrowed it off her to read.  I loved it!  I loved it so much I went out and bought the second book to read.  I can't wait till the movie comes out and I just hope it is as awesome as the book.


Vampire Academy was lent to me by a girl at work.  It is a super quick and easy read about 2 girls who are best friends and who are vampires.  It was kind of like reading a vampire version of The Babysitters Club.  It has that same teenage angsty type of vibe to it but with some vampire action thrown into the mix.  Not the most intellectual of reads but very entertaining!


And last but certainly not least Tamara Drewe.  I watched the movie of this a little while ago so I was interested to see what the movie was like.  I really enjoyed this book.  It is the first graphic novel I have ever read but I really like the format.  I think I might have to find some more graphic novels to read now!

Ok so now I am at 32 books out of 52 which is a vast improvement from my effort the last two months.  I now have to read 5 books a month to complete my goal for the year.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx