Saturday, June 2, 2012

May Reading List

Winter has started off with a bang here on the Gold Coast.  This past week has been full of grey rainy days and it seems set to continue for the weekend.  This means I get to pull out all my cosy knits but it also means that I can't get any decent photos of a new knit that I have to share with you.  Fingers crossed I can get some decent light this afternoon!  So because I can't take any photos I thought I would share with you the books I read in May.





So this months reading list didn't reach the dizzying heights of last month and to be honest I'm not sure if I'll hit 7 books in a month again this year.  But the books I did read this month I did enjoy.  I read another 2 books in the Pretty Little Liars series.  There are 4 more books I think in this series but only 2 of them are out.  I can only find one on the e-reader store so I think I might get the other from the library.  Deadlocked is the latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I am addicted to these books! I rushed out and bought it the first chance I got and read it within 2 days.  I must say I got to the end and kind of went "is that it?" I was expecting more.  The Book of Lost Threads is a random book I got of my friends e-reader which I must say I chose purely because of the cover.  I really enjoyed this book. It tells the story of 4 people in a little country town who become friends and help each other deal with their demons and make some moving realizations about their lives.  It is a very moving and sweet book.

So this month brings my total for the year up to 20 for the year.  If I want to reach my goal of 52 books I need to read 4.57 books a month!  Ha ha random number.  Considering I am going to have a newborn bub for the last couple of months of the year and I assume not much reading time I think I should get a wriggle on.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you plan on breast feeding, but I found that I got a TON of reading done while breastfeeding! As in I was finishing books every 3 days since I had to be up so many times during the night/day.

    Also, I can't believe there are more Sookie books! That means I need to go get them! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx