Monday, November 5, 2012

My Apronalong Apron

Ruffle Apron 

Today is the day for the big apronalong reveal post.  I didn't have the pattern that was being used in the sewalong and had a tutorial in mind that I had wanted to make for ages so when Karen said you could make any apron you like I knew what I would be doing.

Ruffle Apron

I used this tutorial and the left over fabric from Imogen's nursery so this apron cost me a big fat $0!  The tutorial was really easy to follow and I managed to whip this up in just a couple of hours.  Fast makes are a god send when you are trying to get things made during nap times.

Ruffle Apron

I think that this apron will be more for show then for actually keeping my clothes clean.  I don't think it is actually that practical with all the ruffly fluffiness.

Ruffle Apron

I had a lot of fun joining in on this sewalong.  It has renewed my love for aprons and I think I need to make a few more to add to my collection.  This is the second sewalong of Karen's that I have taken part in and I hope she does some more because they are a great source of motivation for me.  If you would like to check out some more of the aprons that have been made hop on over to the reveal post and check the comments.

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty apron indeed!!! I too love Karen's sewalongs and I was gutted I couldn't play along with this one :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I love the ruffles and fabric choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried ruffles before they often scare me a little must give them a try one day though. Your apron is really sweet Kat, love that fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new about me page. SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Great way to use up scraps and combine fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun apron! I love anything with ruffles and if I were you, I would make this a part of my cleaning wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx