Thursday, November 15, 2012

What's In My (Nappy) Bag

This month on instagram I am playing along with Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day.  It has been pretty fun so far but I am saving those photos to share with you at the end of the month.  Today's prompt, however, was in your bag and that inspired me to do this post.  I have been wanting to do one for a while and thought it might be fun to see what is in my nappy bag.

What's In My (Nappy) Bag

Bag - Colette by Colette Hayman - I love this bag.  It's giant and fits everything we need in it plus it has loads of pockets so I can easily access the important stuff like my phone and car keys.

Bottle Bag & Bottles - because my bag isn't actually a baby bag I bought this little bottle bag to hold Imogen's bottles.  I usually take 2 with me everywhere I go even if we are just ducking out for 5 minutes.

Spare Clothes & Bib - I always carry at least 1 spare outfit for Imogen just in case.  If we are going out for the entire day I take 2 to be safe.

Change Mat - this change mat was like $6 from Big W and comes in super handy when we are out somewhere that doesn't have a parents room.  It is shiny on the inside so I can just wipe it down after using it.  It also has a pocket in it so if I am ducking out for 5 minutes I can pop a nappy and some wipes in it and chuck it in my smaller handbag.

Wipes - how cute is this wipes case! It was a gift from a friend.  It is just a huggies travel mat case that has been decorated with fabric and trim. I love it!

Nappies - of course there is always a stash of nappies.  I use Aldi brand nappies.  They are so good!  I have had no issues with them at all and they work out heaps cheaper than the other brands.

Wraps - I always take two wraps with us, one light and one heavy.  We use the light one mostly because it is quite warm here now but the heavier one comes in handy for when we are in air con.

Make Up Bag - my makeup bag always has my powder, mascara, lip gloss, concealer, eye liner and 2 favourite lipsticks.  All my other makeup (foundation, blush etc) stays at home unless we are going somewhere overnight.

Necessities - phone, camera, car keys, pen and sunglasses.  Can't live without them!  All these go in the little pockets throughout my bag so I can find them nice and easy.

Notebook, Diary, Health Record - I have to carry my notebook for when ideas hit.  My diary is so I can remember all the appointments that I have booked in.  I am a shocker at remembering things at the moment so a diary is essential.  The health record is given to every baby born in Queensland and the doctors and midwives record all their visits in there.  It also keeps track of their immunisations.

So that is what I carry in my nappy bag.  There are some things that go in and out of there as well like curash cream, loose change, receipts, rubbish!  It can get pretty out of control sometimes.

So to the mums out there what do you carry in your nappy bag?  Is there anything you think I should add as Imogen gets older?

5 comments:

  1. Your Nappy bag is so tidy and organised, mine never was haha My sister loves the Aldi brand nappies too, I think people are too afraid to try ones that are not the right 'label'.. I don't know why as some of those expensive ones leaked for me so much lol

    brooke xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As she gets older you'll want to pack snacks! I never leave the house without a piece of fruit, some crackers and a beaker of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts are so fun! =D Love your bag too btw ;)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking to rename my blog and was going to use peplums and petticoats like dreamboats and petticoats and your blog came up. at first I was like noooo someone has that name already but when I read your blog I became hooked! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say that I love that little purple outfit!! Key-ute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx