Most worn item
My goal for this me made may was to wear one item every day for the month. I managed to complete this but there were a few repeats. My most worn item for the month was my green knitted cardigan. This is no suprise! I am a dress girl at heart but the minute the weather turns cool I reach straight for my jeans and boots. This made things difficult because I only had one me made top and it wasn't really jeans appropriate.
Second most worn items
When I started this month I was hoping that with the amount of me made's I had (22) and the extra I was going to sew that I would get away with minimal repeats. Unfortunately this was not to be. I did do pretty well though. There were only three items that didn't get worn at all. They were my Mad Men Dress, Watermelon Skirt and Check Picnic Skirt. The skirts were not worn because of the need for alterations. The dress, however, just didn't seem appropriate for any occasions that I had during the month. I am hoping though that this will get some once I return to work.
So, what did I learn from Me Made May:
- I need to sew myself some tops & some basics.
- Most of my dresses are very dressy. I could do with sewing a few more day time appropriate dresses.
- I love my knitted cardigan! I am now very motivated to knit my next two projects.
- I tend to see things on other bloggers and instantly want them even though they don't suit my personal style. I need to start sewing for me & my style!
- Novelty prints! That's where its at. I need more of them in my wardrobe.
- Summer = dresses & Winter = pants. I have two different styles during the year yet I only sew for one. I need to start sewing for the other.
Me Made May Sewn Items
Apart from wearing a me made every day I also added on a mini challenge to sew three of my in progress items during May. Before me made may started I had cut out a bunch of projects and they were all sitting on my sewing desk waiting to be sewn. The three I chose to sew up were my mustard flared blouse, red lace dress and vintage ladies dress. I am really happy with how they all turned out. I can definitely say that they will all get a lot of wear in my wardrobe. In fact I just wore the vintage ladies dress again yesterday.
All in all I would call Me Made May a massive success! I can't wait till next year. Hopefully I will have a few more winter items up my sleeve by then.