Friday, May 31, 2013

Me Made May Update 5

Well here we are at the last day of Me Made May.  How did you all do?  I managed to hit my goal of wearing one item each day but I must admit I was getting a bit bored by the end of the month.  The crazy weather here on the GC didn't help much either.  It made me want to rug up but I don't have many winter appropriate me mades.  Here is what I wore in the last week.

Me Made May Day 25

Day 25
Tessuti Gridlock Competition Dress
Blogged here

Today we had a family barbecue and the sun was out in the morning so I decided to crack out my tessuti competition dress for it's first wear of the month.  Unfortunately the rain came in the afternoon so I did end up being a little chilly.

Me Made May Day 26

Day 26
Red Lace Dress
Blogged here

On Sunday we had my work friends engagement party so I took my red lace dress for another spin.  I tried to keep it a bit more casual then my first wear.  I really love this dress! I think it would have to be one of my favourite makes to date.

Me Made May Day 27

Day 27
Tie Waist Shorts
Blogged here

Monday was a hang around home day so it was comfy and casual all the way.  These tie waist shorts are so comfortable! I think I need to give the longer version of this pattern a go for winter.  I find it hard though to find a pattern for longer print pants that doesn't make you look like your wearing pyjamas.

Me Made May Day 28

Day 28
Quick & Easy Kimono Jacket
Blogged here

I think every woman needs a kimono jacket in their wardobe.  They are the easiest way to dress up a simple jeans & singlet combo.  And they are a cinch to make! I can see a few more of these entering my wardrobe in the future.

Me Made May Day 29

Day 29
Lemon Gathered Skirt
Blogged here

My lemon gathered skirt made its second appearance of the month this week.  I really love this skirt!  I bought this fabric on a whim off the sale table ($5/metre) and I am so glad I grabbed it.  I love wearing colour in winter and this outfit certainly brightened up a rainy day.

Me Made May Day 30

Day 30
Vintage Ladies Dress
Blogged here

My second goal for Me Made May was to sew three of the projects that I had cut out on my sewing desk.  I finished the third with one day to spare.  I literally sat in my pyjamas all day until I finished so I could wear my new dress.  I am so happy with how it turned out! I just blogged it this morning so if you missed it be sure to pop over here for a better look.

Me Made May Day 31

Day 31
Sew Weekly Buttons Dress
Blogged here

I have been trying to wear this dress all month but given that it is strapless it hasn't really been weather appropriate.  I totally forgot that I owned this cardigan though that is the perfect colour match.  Luckily I discovered it while doing some searching this morning so I finally got to wear the dress.  It only took me all month!

I have really enjoyed Me Made May this year and I have learned a lot about my sewing but I'll be back on Monday with a bit of a recap so stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Congratulations on achieving MMM. I've enjoyed seeing how a GC girl manages a cooler climate and your style is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, your creations are just fabulous! I'm in complete awe of your sewing abilities. And they look beautiful on you. Mel x PS I'm totally digging you with blonde hair :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx