Monday, July 8, 2013

The Last of the Comic Print Material!

Last week I finally finished the last of my comic print material.  I bought this material a few years ago now.  I made a gathered skirt out of it originally for myself and the left over sat in my stash until recently when I made Imogen a dress.

butterick 5890 top blouse comic print black white exposed zipper zip peter pan collar contrast butterick 5890 top blouse comic print black white exposed zipper zip peter pan collar contrast

The pattern is Butterick 5890 which I also used for my mustard floral blouse I made during me made may.  I did everything exactly the same except this time I left the collar on.  Honestly, this is the quickest sewing project I have done in a while.  Apart from the basic gathered skirts I have made this is the best quick satisfaction project I've ever done.

butterick 5890 top blouse comic print black white exposed zipper zip peter pan collar contrast butterick 5890 top blouse comic print black white exposed zipper zip peter pan collar contrast

What I love most about this top is the little added wow factor that comes from the exposed zipper.  It takes this top from cool to awesome!  After taking these pictures I realised there is a major gap in my wardrobe though.  Black pants! I have no black jeans or pants.  But don't you worry, I rectified that this weekend.  No doubt this top will be getting a lot of wear this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx