Thursday, October 10, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect!

So remember when I made that mini skirt a few weeks ago? Well before I made that version I whipped together a practice version to make sure the fit was ok.  After making my final version I was so in love with this style of skirt that I decided to finish my practice version as well.
jenny burdastyle mini skirt jenny burdastyle mini skirt
There are two main differences with this practice skirt:-

1 - I did a facing for the waistband instead of lining it; and
2 - I forgot to add a hem allowance when cutting it out so I used bias binding to try and save as much length as possible.
jenny burdastyle mini skirt jenny burdastyle mini skirt
There isn't much to say about this skirt that I didn't say in my last skirt post.  I am pretty happy with how this skirt turned out and don't be surprised if you see a lot more mini skirts from me this summer!

Do you have an item of clothing that you keep wanting to make over and over?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx