Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The First of the Birthday Cakes!

So it's official....I am soon to be the mother of a one year old child!  I have no idea how this has happened.  Wasn't she only born yesterday?!  I have a sneaking suspicion someone put a super speed spell on the last year.  If you hear who it was let me know.  I'd like them to put a slow down spell on the next year so I can soak up a bit more of my baby time.  But, I digress.....

unisex gender neutral castle cake princess prince dragon party birthday cake unisex gender neutral castle cake princess prince dragon party birthday cake


The real indicator of the birthday party season having arrived is that I made my first birthday cake this past week.  On the weekend my mummy's group had a bbq to celebrate all the kids birthdays.  It was a fantastic day!  Since being back at work I haven't been able to catch up with them as much so it was nice to see them all.  We decided on a fairtytale theme because the babies were born in the year of the dragon.  Fairytales seemed a bit more unisex rather than just dragons.  To fit in with the theme I made a castle cake.

unisex gender neutral castle cake princess prince dragon party birthday cake unisex gender neutral castle cake princess prince dragon party birthday cake


The cake was my standard chocolate mudcake recipe with chocolate ganache.  The lavender fondant I bought already coloured from Spotlight.  It is by Satin Ice.  All other fondants were by Fondariffic.  I bought mini waffle cones from the supermarket for the turrets.  I used skewers to hold them into the cake and added paper flags to the top.  This is honestly a super easy cake to make!  I prefer cakes that look more cartoony rather than realistic.  They are super cute and super easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx