Tuesday, January 29, 2013

52 Weeks Happy (4/52)

This week has been a really creative week for me.  There has been a lot of knitting, crocheting, sewing and baking which has made me really happy.  I am always in my element when being creative!  It's my favourite way to spend my days.  Here are a few peeks at what has made me happy this week.

52 weeks happy week 4

1 - Organisation makes me happy! At the start of the week I cleaned out my sewing room and reorganised everything.  It is so fresh and clean now it just makes me want to get in there and create something.

2 - Imogen makes me happy! We had Imogen's first swimming lesson last week and she did so well.  We have been practicing getting her used to water over her head every night in the bath and she is doing really well.  I am so excited to see how she grows in these classes through the year.

3 - Spotlight makes me happy! I took a quick trip to Spotlight last week and there was some gorgeous new fabrics.  It inspired me to get home and sew the fabrics I already have so I can go out and buy more.  I always try to knock off the projects in my list before buying more fabric.

4 - Knitting makes me happy! I knit my first ever swatch this week.  I am hoping to knit myself a cardigan that I will actually wear.  I have knit myself a couple of cardigans before but they never turn out right and end up getting thrown out.  Fingers crossed this is the one that works out!

5 - Pink makes me happy!  Especially since we are quite close to February the month of love.  It is getting me all excited for Valentine's Day.

6 - Finishing projects makes me happy!  This project I started a few days before Christmas and I am so happy it is all finished.  Now that the rain is all gone I should be able to get some photos to share this with you this week.

7 - Finishing long dreamt about projects for the house makes me happy!  I shared this lattice frame and a couple of other finished projects yesterday.

8 - Floral dresses make me happy! Bright dresses and cardigans are the best way to make a rainy day sunny and happy.

9 - Helping others makes me happy!  Yesterday I whipped up some gingernut cookies and chocolate slice and dropped them into our local SES station for the volunteers helping out with the floods.  This is all a party of baked relief.  If you want to take part you can find more information here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    That green it just the best colour! Your cardigan will be gorgeous!
    I've been following your blog for a while so I thought it was about time I finally left a comment. All of you wonderful craft bloggy people have inspired me to start a blog of my own. I'd really love it if you had a look: www.thingsrachelmakes.com
    It's looking a bit empty at the moment but I'm working on it!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx