Sunday, August 7, 2011

Daily Style - Scouts Honour

DSCF7756

Today we went to Greazefest which is a rockabilly festival in Brisbane. It was a really fun day out and I have some photos to share but first I wanted to share my dress that I wore. I bought this dress as a present to myself for getting a new job. I actually bought two dresses but I wanted to share this one first because it is awesome.

Daily Style - Scouts Honour

It's an authentic vintage Girl Scouts uniform made in the USA. According to my research it was made between the mid 1950's to 1968.

Daily Style - Scouts Honour

This patch below the numbers was only issued between 1955 and 1960 which narrows the timeline down a little more.

Daily Style - Scouts Honour

This patch is the Juliette Low Centennial Patch which was issued to celebrate the 100th birthday of the found of the Girl Scouts in the USA.

Daily Style - Scouts Honour

I believe that these gold stars are issued to Senior Girl Scouts for their leadership work.

I would love to learn more about this uniform and I would really love to know where troop 137 was based. When I google troop 137 it comes up with both Nassau County and Brownsberg, Indiana so I am not too sure which it would be. Or it could have been somewhere else entirely!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome. It fits you perfectly. I love the gold stars on the pocket. Researching vintage clothing is so much fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find!! It suits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is the absolute coolest! I have serious frock envy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! it's such a great find, looks like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ok now I see the dress, derr! sorry am trying to catch up on 400 blog posts, argh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure love!! I seriously love it!! And what a perfect fit! I wish I could rock something like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx