Saturday, August 20, 2011

My First Sew-A-Long

The New Vintage Lady is hosting a sew-a-long called the Plain Pattern Project. The rules are that you have to choose a pattern that you have never made before from your stash. The pattern has to be a basic plain pattern and you have to make 3 versions of that pattern. At least 1 version has to be close to the original pattern and then the next two you can customise and alter to your hearts content. And the greatest thing is that the deadline is December 31st 2011, so there is plenty of time to jump in and take part!

Butterick_2396

I have chosen a vintage blouse pattern from my stash, Butterick 2396. I couldn't actually find any pictures of anyone that has made this pattern before so I am interested to see how it turns out. It is a pretty basic blouse that buttons up down the back. I think there is a lot of room for customisation. I am going to be using view D which is the pink sleeveless scoop neck version.

If you would like to take part in the sew-a-long pop on over here and sign up!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pattern. I joined the sewalong too. It's good having such a far away end date so you don't feel too rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sew-along sounds great and very attainable in its timescale. I might just have to jump on board. Love your choice of pattern too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx