Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Mumsie!

Yesterday was my mumsies birthday. Dad works nights so we are holding off until Sunday to have birthday dinner and cake. But instead of making mum sit at home by herself on her birthday Corey and I invited her around for dinner. We ordered kfc (at mum's request not because we are too lazy to cook her dinner) and skyped my sister and of course I made some cupcakes.

Mum'd Birthday Cupcakes

Aren't they cute! My sister thinks they look like the little monsters from Sesame Street. I think the orange one could be Zoe from Sesame Street if you took off the feelers. Anyway, I used another recipe from Crabapple Cupcake book. One of my 101 in 1001 is to make all the recipes in this book so that is why it keeps popping up. So far I have made 7 out of 37.

Mum's Birthday Cupcakes Close Up

I would share the recipe but these are so simple. They are basically just a standard vanilla cupcake with some rose water added in. The recipe uses 1 teaspoon of rosewater and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. They turn out delicious! Corey even said they were my best cupcakes ever! We are having family dinner Sunday and I will be baking a cake so more baking pics to come.

6 comments:

  1. Oh feelers! I thought they were angry eyebrows! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cupcakes.They do look like Sesame Street Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are soooooo cool! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, feeling slightly in awe - I just had a look at your 101 list and how many you have crossed off. JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx