Tuesday, May 29, 2012

King Pig Hat

King Pig Hat 

A while ago a friend asked me if I could make a this hat for her friends little girl.  The problem being that the little girl is about 6 months old and the hat pattern is for an adult.  So I decided to start with this kids beanie pattern and go from there.

King Pig Hat - Details

The eyes and ears were easy to scale down but the nose and crown were a little bit more confusiing.  I must admit when I first got to that part I left the poor hat sitting for a couple of weeks before I decided to just jump in and tackle it.  The crown took me a few attempts and i'm not 100% happy with it but it'll do.  I simply used the crown pattern from the original pattern but cast on less stitches. Unfortunately, I didn't take notes so I can't remember exactly what I cast on.  Sorry! For the nose I just did less rounds before starting to work the even rounds to make it a bit smaller.

King Pig Hat - Details

I sent a pic to my friend and she was pretty happy with it.  I will be giving it to her today at work and I am just crossing my fingers that it will fit her friends little girl.  If anything it might be a little big but that is ok because she can always grow into it.

2 comments:

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx