Sunday, April 28, 2013

KCW Day 3

Todays Kids Clothes Week creation is a basic pinafore dress.  This was super duper quick to make!  It is basically 4 rectangles sewn together so it's not the most technical dress in the world.

kids clothes week elsie marley day three spring 2013 comic strip pinafore dress kids clothes week elsie marley day three spring 2013 comic strip pinafore dress

The fabric is from the stash.  I made myself a skirt from it a long time ago but it has since vacated my wardrobe.  Everything I am making for Imogen this week has come out of stash fabric so she is getting a bunch of new clothes for nothing.  Winning!  Now that I have a little one I see mini garments in every lot of left over fabric I have.  Although if we start to turn into that scary matching family feel free to slap me!

kids clothes week elsie marley day three spring 2013 comic strip pinafore dress kids clothes week elsie marley day three spring 2013 comic strip pinafore dress

Now this is super duper simple to make if you would like to make one! I didn't take photos so no tutorial but basically the top band was Imogen's chest circumference plus 2cm for seam allowances and 6cm for the overlap & to create the keyhole.  I made it 12cm wide and folded it in half and after the seam allowances it ended up 5cm wide.  The skirt part was double her chest circumference and I gathered it into the top band.  The straps I just winged from a piece of scrap fabric so I am not sure of their exact width but I think they are around 5cm.  If anyone is interested in a more detailed tutorial of how I put it together let me know!

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx