Thursday, April 11, 2013

Handmade Gifting

Baby Blanket for Sharon

This week I finished up a quick handmade gift for my niece or nephew to be who is due in about 5 weeks.  The mum to be decided not to find out the gender as this is going to be her last baby so she wanted it to be a surprise.  So I decided to keep the blanket nice and simple and gender neutral.

Baby Blanket for Sharon

Corey and I have sneaking suspicion that they are having a girl and they know and just aren't telling anybody but only time will tell.  Either way this blanket will work.  However, I do wish I knew what she was having so I could have put a brighter ribbon on the blanket.

Baby Blanket for Sharon

I used this pattern which is available for free via Ravelry.  If you are a knitter or crocheter and you aren't on Ravelry you need to join now.  It is basically a massive online library of patterns.  Making blankets for the new babies in Corey's family has become a bit of a tradition for me.  Each time I have used a different pattern and I love all the different blankets that have resulted.  Hopefully there will be a few more babies to come that I can make blankets for.

5 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I'm sure the new mom will love it.

    I've noticed that fewer and fewer women don't appreciate home made gifts. My mom and I are huge crafters. My younger sister will not take any home made gifts. She doesn't like the "look" of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really! I love the look of handmade presents. And knowing that someone has spent a lot of time on something especially for me is so special. Although I am a crafter so I guess I look at things differently. I do agree with you though. There are some people that just don't appreciate the work that goes into handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, I love the ribbon detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I really love the yellow and white colour combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely, you are clever and such a perfect gift x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx