Tuesday, August 6, 2013

52 Weeks Happy (31/52)

This week has been quite the unproductive week.  Corey's work has been slow so he has had a few days off.  I never managed to get anything done when he is at home.  But that is because we are going out and doing fun stuff so I don't mind so much.  I was hoping to have a few projects finished to show you this week though but unfortunately they will have to come later.  In the meantime, here are a few things that have been making me happy this week...


1 - I managed to get my quilt back finished and all my layers pinned together ready for quilting.  Unfortunately, this is as far as I got.  I was really hoping to have this quilt finished to show you guys this week but maybe next week.

2 - There is something about roasting vegetables that is quite comforting especially on the cold and rainy days that we had last week.

3 - I found bargain strawberries this week at our local fruit shop.  There were two 500g punnets for $5! I grabbed myself a few and froze the berries all ready for my smoothies.  Delicious!

4 - I tried out an Adriano Zumbo packet mix of macarons this week.  They are the most successful macarons I have ever made.  They still weren't perfect but semi successful was a win in my books!

5 - So apparently all that has been making me happy this week is food, lol!  We went to Miami Marketta on the weekend and I ordered a delicious goulash for dinner.  Literally the only reason I bought it was because the people selling it were serving it from a gigantic cauldron.  It was epic!

6 - Funnily enough I was super happy this week to work! Strange I know but I worked at a rockabilly festival all weekend and it was a lot of fun.  I was in charge of one of the gates and got to watch all the show vehicles come in.  It was really fun seeing all the awesome cars!

7&8 - So in other news, I am heading back to work full time in 2 weeks.  It is both scary and exciting!  I am trying to make the most of these last two weeks off with Imogen so on Monday we took her to Sea World.  It was so much fun!  She is hard to impress but she couldn't stop laughing at the fish in Shark Bay.  It was super cute!

9 - Today's adventure with Imogen was a trip to the rock pools with our mummy's group.  It was a lot of fun and Imogen loved it.  I am glad I got a nice warm day and the chance to take her before heading back to work.

So that's what's been happening in my corner of the world.  How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx