Tuesday, August 20, 2013

52 Weeks Happy (33/52)

This year is disappearing right before my eyes and I feel like it is just going to go even faster now that I am back at work.  We always look a month ahead at work so I am planning events for September/October which makes time just seem like it is flying by!  Here are a few quick snippets from this week...


1 - Warm winter foods on hot summer days are somewhat comforting.  Last week I stewed some apples and cinnamon and enjoyed them with some delicious porridge.

2 - Last Friday I had the chance to take a trip up to The Fabric Store in Brisbane and meet the lovely Sophie from Cirque Du Bebe.  She helped me pick out some fabric for an upcoming project that I am super excited to get started on.

3 - Sunday was my mum's birthday.  I whipped her up this birthday cake on her request.  I have some better photos and more details to come on this cake later on in the week so stay tuned.

4 - 6 - Monday was my first day back at work.  I cracked out some new clothes to give me a little boost of confidence for my first day.  They worked wonders!  My brand new lunchbox would have been more fun had we been grocery shopping.  I need to get back into the routine of packing my lunch and not being able to just cook stuff when I want to eat.  To be honest I am feeling a bit lost with work at the moment.  I feel like it is taking me ages to do simple things.  Hopefully by the end of the week my brain will be working a bit better with all these work stuff.

How has your week been? I hope it has been a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx