Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sew Bossy

Today is a very exciting day!  I am finally allowed to reveal that I have been taking part in the Sew Bossy Initiative.  What is Sew Bossy I hear you ask.  Sew Bossy is a fun little idea thought up by the ever brilliant Closet Case Files and Oonabaloona.  To read the original post launching the idea pop on over here.  Basically the idea is that you send all the patterns, fabric and notions needed to make a piece of clothing to a blogger anywhere in the world.  They then send something back to you and you both have to make up whatever it is that you receive.  It's a great idea to open your mind to new patterns and fabrics that you may not have picked yourself.  You just have to trust the other person and let them be the boss!
sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print
When I first read about this idea I really wanted to take part but had no idea how to get involved.  After a little thinking I decided to approach the gorgeous Marie from A Stitching Odyssey to see if she wanted to play along with me.  Now I am pretty sure you are all aware of Marie and her gorgeous makes (exhibit A, exhibit B) but if not jump on over and check out her blog now!  Don't worry I'll wait for you to get back....
sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print
....All done? Didn't you just love her!  So of course I just loved the fabric and pattern that she sent my way.  The funny part is I looked at this exact same pattern when I was trying to pick out an idea for Marie.  How funny would it have been if we sent each other the exact same pattern!  Now the fabric Marie chose is just perfect!  It is a base of white and blue vases with little lemons printed on top.  It is just so perfectly summery!  I can't wait to bust this dress out now that the weather is warming up.
sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print
Now, not only is this a gorgeous dress but it is also fully lined! I haven't lined a dress is so long.  When I first saw the dress was lined I was a bit intimidated.  But it was super easy!  The instructions on this pattern were so clear that it made it so easy to do.  And you can't go past the uber professional finish that it gives to the dress.
sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print sew bossy initiative dress retro vintage butterick 5748 white blue floral lemon yellow vase print
So there you have it, my little Sew Bossy project.  I want to say a massive thank you to Marie for taking part in this with me.  Now unfortunately Marie had a bit of a sewing catastrophe with her Sew Bossy project.  She is feeling a bit down about it so can we please all pop over here and let her know she isn't alone! I know I have had many a sewing catastrophe.  We've all been there and I am sure she would love a little blog love to get her sewing mojo back in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx