Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baby Vintage

One of the most exciting parts of having a little girl is all the adorable vintage clothing that I can buy for her.  I have spent many hours searching through etsy and have had to exercise a lot of self control not to buy every cute thing that I find.  The other week though I finally gave in and purchased a few items for her.
etsy vintage collage
I am pretty sure that sailor dress is my absolute favourite thing I have ever seen!  These all came from Perfectly Vintaged on etsy.  I also bought this cute top and pants set but I couldn't get a decent photo of it.  I am so excited to be able to dress Squishy in all these cute outfits.  But do you know what is even more exciting then buying vintage on etsy......being given my baby clothes to dress Squishy in!
my baby clothes
When my mum gave me the boxes of stuff from my childhood one box contained a bunch of clothes.  These pictured above are just a few of my favourites.  It is going to be so much fun to dress Squishy in these clothes and take some photos to compare her to how I looked as a baby.  The denim dress above was the dress I wore on my first birthday. Too cute!  No doubt her vintage wardrobe is going to grow and grow along with mine.  Don't be surprised how if there are more posts like this in the future.

4 comments:

  1. The sailor dress and the red-checked dress are so cute they're killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little old dresses. I started buying them when I was pregnant with Emerson, even though we didn't know the sex. Now she has more vintage clothes than I do! Some of them were my clothes when I was a child too. Which would make me vintage... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the red checked dress the sailor dress is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sailor dress and the denim dress. some people have a weird thing about dressing babies in used clothes and won't do it but I really don't get why not. I hadn't even thought about vintage baby gear, eeek another shopping opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx