When we first found out we were having a girl I went to Spotlight and chose a bunch of fabrics as the starting point for decorating the nursery. The fabrics became this quilt and will also become some sheets and a cot skirt hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
I learnt a few things while making this quilt:-
- If your doing a pieced back you should probably line it up with one of the stripes on the front to avoid a sewn line in the middle of your stripe.
- I need to use more pins to hold my layers together while quilting. I don't think I used enough so I have a few puckers in the layers.
- When your not good at sewing straight lines sewing a quilt that emphasizes them can be frustrating.
- Invisible hand stitching for quilt binding is not as hard as I imagined.
Regardless of it's imperfections I am really happy with how this quilt has turned out. I have worked my way up from a pram sized quilt to a cot quilt and who knows next time it might be a single bed quilt. I am getting a bit more confident with the idea of quilting so I think I will definitely be making some more. Maybe just not for a little while!