Thursday, August 2, 2012

Caramel Chip Cookies

Caramel Chip Cookies

Next time you are in the supermarket if you see a packet of caramel chips in the baking section do yourself a favour and buy them. Hell, buy 10 if they have them because these babies are delicious!  I spied a packet of these the other day for the first time and curiosity made me buy them.  I whipped up the recipe off the back of the packet and now I wish I had bought 10 packets because these cookies are just too good!  Do yourself a favour and walk, no, run down to the supermarket, buy a packet of these caramel chips and whip these cookies up asap.

Caramel Chip Cookies


Caramel Chip Cookies

125g butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup sr flour
250g caramel chips (mine were nestle but not sure if other brands make them too).

Preheat oven to 170*C/150*C for fan forced.  Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.

Place butter, brown sugar and egg in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.

Stir in flour.  Add caramel chips.  Mix until well combined.

Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays 4cm apart.  Flatten slightly.  Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.  Cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Fight your husband away from the cooling racks before he eats all the cookies! Yes Corey, I'm looking at you :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I will be keeping my eye out for them now. I've never seen them before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me some caramel! Any day, any time, and any where. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!
    never heard of caramel ones but am determined to track them down. these look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a packet as soon as they arrived on the shelves... but still haven't cooked with them! There's another blog somewhere who came up with another recipe with the chips and for the life of me I can't remember where!
    Think I'll do the packet recipe later on this arvo, I have a craving now! ha

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx