Wednesday, May 11, 2011

1 Pattern, Seven Bloggers - Week 2

This week is the week to share our fabric choices for our dresses. I spent the day fabric shopping with my mum trying to find fabric for the bridesmaids dresses which she will be making for Corey's and my wedding in November. We found a fabric in the perfect shade of yellow and just have to do a test run to see if it will work for the pattern I have have chosen. Anyway, while shopping I was trying to find a nice tartan wintery fabric to use for my dress but had no luck. Luckily, when I dropped mum home she said she had some fabric that might work and pulled this gorgeous red and black check fabric from her stash.

1 Pattern, 7 Bloggers Fabric

It is perfect! It matches exactly what I have in my mind for my dress. I am going to be doing some contrast details in the black cotton which is just a simple cotton poplin. I am not sure what type of fabric the check stuff is but it is a bit thicker than the poplin. I am going to be starting on my muslin this week and should be able to share that next week. Although, I am going away to Sydney on Monday and won't be back till Wednesday night so my post may be a day late.

Don't forget to stop by and see what fabric the other girls have chosen for their dresses!


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, this looks so nice and snuggly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tartan! It looks lovely, I can't believe she just had the perfect fabric lying around! Have fun in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm very excited to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tartan! I can't wait to see what you do with i!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kat that fabric is beautiful! I love the colour of the red! Yay! Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx