Friday, May 20, 2011

1 Pattern, Seven Bloggers - Week 3

I know, I know, I'm a few days late on the 1 pattern seven bloggers post but I went to Sydney for a work conference and did not get back in till Wednesday night and then yesterday was a crazy day with work and our nephew's 6th birthday. So anyway last week before I left I made a muslin. Now I have to confess I never make muslins. This is the first time I have ever made one! I usually just fit and adjust as I go.

7 Bloggers 1 Pattern - Muslin

But I am very glad I did a muslin this time because it taught me two things. Firstly, I need to let out the seams because this bodice is a bit tight as evidenced by the pulling around the bust. Secondly, I need to use a longer zipper. I just used one I had on hand so I am going to find a longer one for the final dress. Apart from that I am pretty happy with the fit. I don't mind the sleeves which I thought I was going to hate but they are not too bad. I love the neckline!

So I can't say that this has taught me to start doing muslins for everything I make but I think for the more fitted styles I will be more inclined to make a muslin in the future. Now I can get onto making the proper dress!

5 comments:

  1. You're lucky that patterns fit you so well! Especially as you've got a total bombshell figure. I have to go through a torturous fitting drama, oh well.

    Also, I really like the sleeves on you. I vote keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the final version Kat - it is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat that looks great! I think the neckline is perfect! Can't wait to see your final dress! Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to see the finished product! I'm like you, I never make muslins but maybe I should start...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx