Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anyone Got A Spare Pencil?

The knitting and stashbusting as been continuing at my house. Straight after I finished the midnight baby blanket I cast on this awesome scarf.

Pencil Scarf

Yarn: Marvel Basics 8ply (yellow), Carnival Soft 8ply (grey), Beige & Black unknown brands 8ply.
Needles: 5mm
Date Started: 18th July 2011
Date Ended: 30th July 2011

Pencil Scarf

I used 2 balls of yellow yarn that were sitting in my stash and a little bit of each of the other colours from my stash too. So I have now used up 6 balls from the stash. I still have a few more projects up my sleeve to get this stash busting happening.

Pencil Scarf

I made a few slight modifications to this pattern. Here is what I did....

CO 2
Inc 1 stitch at the beginning of each row until 7 stitches.
Knit 1 row.

Change to beige
Knit as instructed in pattern. After increasing to 28 stitches knit 1 row before swapping to yellow.

Knit yellow as per pattern

Knit grey as per pattern.

Add 1 extra decrease row into pink before binding off.

Pencil Scarf

I think this scarf would make the perfect gift for a teacher, journalist or writer. It is so cute and quirky. I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha! That is so cool & funny; reminds me of a rubber pencil I had as a kid - man did I think I was hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scarf!! This certainly would make a great gift :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoy hell girl! That is the coolest thing I've seen in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your scarf is completely awesome! Well done :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx