Sunday, July 31, 2011

No. 45 Make A Fondant Decorated Cake

Yesterday I decorated my first full cake with fondant! It was my first time covering a cake in fondant and was nowhere near as hard as I was expecting it to be. I think now that I have gotten over my initial fear of covering a cake in fondant there will be more fondant decorated cakes in my future. It's not the most perfect cake but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Popcorn Cake

There are so many possibilities with fondant and I can't wait! I really want to make a soccer ball cake for Corey for his birthday in November. That should be fun!

Popcorn Cake

This cake was made for my friend Maria who writes over at Movie Mazzupial. It was her 3rd bloggy birthday and she had just arrived home from Comic Con in the US so we had a little brunch date and she caught me up on all her stories.

Day of the Dead Bride & Groom

And check out this awesome present she brought home for Corey and I. It is from San Diego from their Dias De Los Muertos celebrations. I love it! She also bought back some amazing painted skulls that are in her garden. You put tea light candles under them and their eyes glow. So cool! So a big happy bloggy birthday to Maria!!! Duck on over and check out her blog for all things movies.

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx