Friday, July 1, 2011

Stashbusting!

During June and my shopping ban I tried to make some projects up out of stash material/yarn instead of buying new supplies. The shorts I made were from fabric that had been in my stash for at least 6 months. This yarn has been in the stash even longer.

Rust Abalone

Pattern: Abalone by Beata Jezek
Yarn: Spotlight Basics Empire in Russett
Needles: 5mm circulars
Start Date: 15th June 2011
End Date: 1st July 2011

Rust Abalone

This was a really simple knit. It was nice just to do something simple after knitting Roko and my Mango Sorbet Cardi where I was constantly checking the pattern. Here I just cast on did a few quick increases then knit in stockinette for the rest. Nice, easy knitting! Great for sitting in the front of the tv with some movies.

Rust Abalone

I left off the ribbing around the front as I wanted to keep it nice and simple. I did however do some ribbing around the sleeves. I have a couple of other projects lined up for some stash yarn but I also have some projects that are in need of new yarn. Maybe for every stash project I do I will allow myself to buy new yarn for one project. That sounds like a plan to me!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous1 You are so industrious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your run this weekend! x sammy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx