Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Brownies

Chocolate Brownies

Today is my work friend Anna's birthday but as she left for Singapore on Saturday we decided to celebrate last Friday.  As birthdays go in our office there was food and lots of it!  I made a carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting which I have shared before here and chocolate brownies.  This chocolate brownie recipe is from a recipe book that was made by my primary school.  I can't even count the amount of times my mum, my sister and I would have made this recipe in the 10 plus years we have had this book.  My mum still has the recipe book and when at my hen's party she added the recipe into my communal recipe book that all my family and friends made me.  I have even made these before with carob powder and they taste just as amazing!

Chocolate Brownies

Chocolate Brownies

200 grams butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 eggs

Heat oven to 180*C.  Melt butter and cocoa gently in a large saucepan.  Add salt, sugar and vanilla and stir in really well.

Remove pan from heat and sift in flour.  Stir in well.  Add eggs and beat in well.  Spread into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Once cooled brownies can be iced or sprinkled with icing sugar.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Brownies are just about my FAVOURITE! Nice easy recipe - even I might give it a crack one day! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious. I'll have to try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx