Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Lemon Delicious Slice 

Make lemon delicious slice!!! Or anything else equally lemony but trust me this slice really was delicious.

Lemon Delicious Slice

A few weeks ago I made cupcakes that used only egg whites and with my leftover yolks I was going to make lemon curd.  I made Corey buy a bunch of lemons when he went grocery shopping and was all set to make it one night after work.  That day I thought I better see how long it is safe to leave yolks in the fridge before you use them.  Turns out it's only like 2 days and mine had been in the fridge for over a week.  So the yolks went in the bin and the lemons sat in the fruit bowl waiting to be made into something else.

Lemon Delicious Slice

Finally last week I decided I better make something before the lemons had to be thrown out too and it all became a waste.  So I did a quick google search and found this recipe.  The best part about this recipe was that I got to use my vintage juicer.  I bought this about 4 years ago from an op shop on the Sunshine Coast.  It got packed away into my glory box and then brought out and dusted off when we moved out.  We have lived out of home for 3 years now and this is the first time I have used it.  Woops!

Lemon Delicious Slice

I had a flick through the comments on this recipe and saw that everyone had left it in the oven for an extra 10 minutes after the topping was added to allow it to cook properly.  I checked mine after the recommended cooking time in the recipe and it was still a bit runny so I added the extra 10 minutes and it came out perfect.  Next time I might leave the base in for an extra 5 minutes as others suggested as well.  I took this slice to work and it was demolished!  I am actually going to make it again in a few weeks for one of the girls birthdays because she loved it that much.

Lemon Delicious Slice

I think I might also line my tray with baking paper next time to make it a little easier to remove and slice.  My slice ended up a bit worse for wear after cutting and slicing but it still tasted delicious.  If you like lemon stuff that still has a nice tart kick to it give these a go.

3 comments:

  1. Lemon is the perfect taste for summer! Along with strawberry and blueberry. This look super yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love the look of that, it looks scrummy. I've just taken lemon drizzle cake into work for my birthday and it went down a treat! Must try this one too! Although wish I'd got your vintage juicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh.. (drool). those look crazy good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx