Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Little Red

When I was organising my yarn stash back in February I discovered I had quite a few balls of red wool.  This pattern immediately jumped into my mind and I cast on straight away.  Then I realised I had no idea whether we were having a girl or not and it got set aside.  Once we discovered little Squishy was a Miss I jumped back onto it.

Little Red Riding Hood

Pattern: Little Red by Erika Flory
Wool: Moda Vera Marvel Plain 8ply
Needles: 5mm

Little Red Riding Hood

This cape is so adorable I am a bit bummed because the smallest size was 18 months so Miss Squishy will not be wearing it for a little while.  Hopefully by next winter I will be able to get away with dressing her in it.

Little Red Riding Hood

I did have a little bit of a mishap in the making of this cape.  When it came to joining the hood the pattern said to use the three needle bind off which I had never done.  So smart little old me decided to look up a tutorial on youtube.  I watched and it looked pretty straight forward.  Except.....I didn't properly listen to the first instruction to hold right sides together.  I therefore held the wrong sides together resulting in a sort of ridge on the top of the hood.  But you know what, I kind of like it! I can't wait for Miss Squishy to wear it.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is sooooo adorable! I absolutely love it and want to make one for every baby I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable, love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally perfect - I have ALWAYS had a red poncho/cape - my entire life! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute. Squishy will look adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the sweetest little red cape ever. what a beautiful job you have done. i love it. i might also mention you carry pregnancy very well. a picture of health. i hope all is going great for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is delightful. I love a red hoodie. Too cute.
    ... and the bad news is that those 18mnths will pass before you even know it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx