Monday, July 9, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The Bump(y)

Baby Bump 27 Weeks

The Good
  • A sunny Saturday afternoon spent out in the sun watching my friend play some tunes. Check her out here. She rocks!
  • Caramel popcorn
  • Wandering around the vintage markets with my mum and dad
  • Sunday picnics with a group of people we haven't had altogether for at least 8 years
  • Fresh hair! I got my colour redone and a bit of a trim

The Bad

  • Back pain! After a day spent at the park all afternoon my back was killing. Too much standing but boy I slept good last night
  • Weeks that just keep disappearing and to do lists that just keep growing
  • That anxious feeling I just can't seem to shake.  


The Bump
Baby Bump 27 Weeks

Holy moly ladies and gentleman (if there are any reading) I am 27 weeks!!!  Only 13 weeks (give or take) to go.  Only 10 more weeks of work.  Crazy town!!!  I feel like I have so much to do and the weeks just keep going by faster and faster.  I know I say this every week but I really need to start working away at some of the things of my list otherwise I am going to run out of time.  I have a quilt about a third made and a stack of fabric to make some nappy covers and matching singlets for summer waiting on my sewing table. I have started a cardigan because I couldn't bear to buy her one in the shop when she could have a mummy made one.  But the biggest to do on my list is decorating the nursery.  At the moment it is a blank slate with a sofa chair, a cot and a change table in it.  It needs some colour and some fun added in.  This weekend is a quiet weekend so fingers crossed I can get some stuff done. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous Kat! Don't sweat it - babies mostly need nappies and cuddles! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with this weekend to get stuff done! It sounds like you have a bit of a plan. My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress Kat, there is still time to do things *after* she arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great. I hope your anxiety eases. Don't get stressed by doing too much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, Mama! You're looking fantastic. I love the stripes and the denim. What a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't stress Kat, all will be good!! You'll be an amazing mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful!! I had back pain during my pregnancy too, until I bought some gel insoles for my shoes (made a big difference) and a snoogle pillow to sleep with- it was a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you've popped since the last photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are looking awesome, the tummy has really popped hasnt it! My only advise to any new mum is to relax and enjoy every moment because it passes far too quickly! I always hoped Id get a 2nd baby but with my little "baby" now 5 and at prep I wish Id taken even more time to slow down and enjoy those early days xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx