Monday, September 10, 2012

Successful Scones

scones 

Who would have known that these three little ingredients were the key to my scone making success!

scones 5 

I have never been able to make a successful batch of scones.  I have treid a few times and they always turn out horrible and don't rise properly.  I was telling my friend Mahnee the other day and she told me to try out this recipe and lo and behold she was right.

scones 4 

All it takes is 3 cups of self raising flour, 1 cup of thickened cream and 1 cup of lemonade.  Mix your cream into the flour and then mix in the lemonade.  My mix was quite wet so I added a little more flour.  Then turn out onto a floured surface and pat or roll to 4cm thickness.  Bake at 190* for 12 minutes or until golden and your all done.

scones 2

And that my friends is the first item crossed off my 101 in 1001 days list and only 4 days in from the new start date.  That's pretty good progress I think!

4 comments:

  1. Yay well done Kat!! Hope things are going well for you, you'll be back in normal clothes soon, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lemonade scone recipe - it's the best! they're so quick and easy and the lemonade makes them nice and sweet too huh :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for successful baking, they look great Kat. I love this recipe, haven't made it in ages I'll have to try and give it another go I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yum! I just made a batch with a similar recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx