Friday, September 28, 2012

The Apronalong

Do you remember a little while ago when I took party in the Pyjama Party run by the lovely Karen over at Did You Make That?  Well now she is running another sewalong all about aprons.  An Apronalong!!!


If you want to take party pop over to this post to sign up.  Karen is basing the sewalong off Butterick 4087 but you can make any apron you like.  She has even shared some links to some free tutorials online.

My plan is to make a ruffle apron using this tutorial and some stash fabrics.  I want to get a start on it now because god knows when bubs comes along there may not be a lot of time to sew it up.  We are only two posts into the sewalong so there is still plenty of time to join in.  If you decide to join in as well let me know so I can pop over and check out your aprons.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new header Kat, it's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I decided to flick it over to the simple template and keep things nice and clean. Thanks for the inspiration and advice.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I think aprons are a garment that has become somewhat obsolete, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love them though. They add a little something to an outfit. I got given a really cute one by my work friends for the wedding and I wore it to my kitchen tea. It is so cute!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kat (from another Kat!), what a fantastic apron! Looks splendid over jeans, too.
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx