Friday, December 14, 2012

And the stockings were hung....

By the kitchen with care?  Not as exciting as hanging them by the chimney but it'll have to do.

Christmas Stockings

This year I decided to make us all stockings to hang.  I have decided that we are going to start our own little family tradition where we get new pajamas to open on Christmas Eve.  When I wrap them I am going to pop them into the stockings.  I remember when I was a kid we used to get a present from our Pop & Carolyn to open on Christmas Eve and it was always pajamas so I wanted to do that for Imogen too.
Christmas Stockings

I used this pattern via Purlbee.  I made the stockings a while ago and they sat on my sewing desk for quite a while before I tackled the embroidery.  Embroidery is not exactly my strong suit so I was a little wary to get started on it.  I eventually did though and although they look a little, shall we say, rustic I am happy with how they turned out.

Christmas Stockings

So that's one more item off the Christmas to do list.  Only a couple more items left now.  I am hoping to make a couple of small presents but not sure if I will get them finished in time.  One I definitely will but the other two are maybes.  I also need to get started on Imogen's Christmas outfit but that will be nice and quick to make.  Hopefully I will be able to share that with you soon.

Christmas Stockings

I am so excited the weekend is finally here.  We are having a very festive weekend this weekend.  Tonight we are off to White Christmas at Movie World, tomorrow we are going to go and get Imogen's Santa photo and then tomorrow night we are going to check out the Christmas lights in our area.  But the most exciting part of the weekend is that my sister is arriving Sunday night and she will be here until Boxing Day.  I can't wait to see her!

2 comments:

  1. hello from a new follower. love your blog, lets be friends, come and visit my blog :)
    love your stockings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love the name Imogen! How unique. I like it that you're creating a new tradition for your family! Your family will have the same memories as you have of your family. Enjoy your sisters arrival and stay.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx