Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Doily Pom Pom Tutorial

I had so much fun wrapping my presents this year and one of my favourite presents is this one that I wrapped for my nephew Laken.  I was so in love with the doily pom pom that I did the exact same on his twin sister's present too.  I thought it might be fun to share how I made this in case anyone out there is still looking for ideas to wrap those last minute presents.

Pom Pom Tutorial

You'll need:
6 doilies per pom pom
sticky tape

Pom Pom Tutorial

1 - stick a doily flat onto your wrapped present.

2 - Fold a doily in half and then in half again to create a quarter circle.  Do this with the remaining 5 doilies.

3 - place a small amount of sticky tape on the corner of one folded doily and tape in the center of the flat doily so the rounded edges aline.  Repeat with 3 more doilies to create a circle.

4 - Tape your last doily into the centre of the pom pom.  Bend this doily so that it stands up and fluff it out into a standing position.

5 - Fluff the folded doilies around the edges to fill in the gaps.  You may need to get right into the folded corner of the doily to make it stick out.

Pom Pom Tutorial

There you have it!  Simply and easy but they look so gorgeous.  Let me know if you give them a go.

3 comments:

  1. I am literally in love with this pom pom! So cute! It would look great on birthday presents too...can't wait to try it out, just got to get my hands on some paper doilies now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx