Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh What A Year!

2012 has been an amazing year! Though I am very excited to what 2013 has to bring.  I am on holidays at the moment visiting my sister so it has been a little quiet around these parts.  But I saw this little meme over at Rainbow Tatt and thought it would be a nice way to end the year.


Imogen
My biggest and best achievement of the year!


1 - What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Got pregnant, had a baby and learnt how to become a mother.


2 - Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I achieved some and not others (more on that in another post) but I am pretty happy with what I did achieve considering most of my focus this year was on Imogen.

3 - Did anyone close to you give birth?
Apart from myself a work friend had a little boy, a girl I used to work with had a little girl and my sister in law had twins.  Plus a few blog friends had their own little bundles of joy too.

4 - Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank god!

5 - What countries/states did you visit?
We went to Woolgoolga, NSW to celebrate the anniversary of my dad's family moving to Australia 40 years ago.  We also went to Melbourne in March for my sister's birthday and we are also here now visiting.

6 - What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A better idea of what I want to be in life and the focus and determination to start working towards it.

7 - What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 9th - the day I had Imnogen.

8 - What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Growing and giving birth to a healthy baby girl.

9 - What was your biggest failure?
Being too stubborn and allowing petty people to get the better of me and my emotions.

10 - Did you suffer illness or injury?
Morning sickness! It was horrible.

11 - What was the best thing you bought?
Corey's coffee machine I bought him for Christmas.  He has wanted one for so long and I was so excited it was hard to keep it a secret till Christmas morning.

12 - Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The celebrities that were involved in the recent ad campaign aiming to make America tighten their gun laws and all those American's who are speaking out to try and make the necessary changes to avoid another devastating incident like the Sandy Hook massacre.

13 - Whose behaviour was appalling?
I must agree with Rah on this point and go with the NRA in regards to their reaction to the Sandy Hook massacre.  But also on a personal note there are a few people who I have been pretty appalled with in my life this year.  I just will never understand the way some people treat their family and friends.  

14 - Where did most of your money go?
Into getting ready for our life with Imogen.

15 - What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby and starting my new life as a mum.

16 - What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gangnam Style! You can't escape that damn song. They even played it at the Christmas Carols.

17 - Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? probably equal.

18 - What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sewing for myself. I have so many things I want to make in 2013.

19 - What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shopping - I need to learn to curb my spending habits especially now I am on maternity leave.

20 - How did you spend Christmas?
Lunch at the beach with my family and the night with Corey's family at his sister's house.

21 - What was your favourite TV program?
Revenge was amazing at the start of the year and I got sucked into Grimm at the end of the year.

22 - Did you make a friend with anyone that you didn’t know this time last year?
I have made a few new blog friends and I also met a great group of mum's through antenatal classes and the health clinic who I meet with on a weekly basis.

23 - What was the best book you read?
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

24 - What was your greatest musical discovery?
I am a bit in love with Cher Lloyd at the moment.  Especially this song.

25 - What did you want and get?
A healthy baby and a new sewing machine.

26 - What did you want and not get?
A new car. Totally not needed as my car is perfectly fine but I have a crush on a bigger better car.

27 - What was your favourite film of this year?
The Dark Knight Rises and the last Twilight movie.

28 - What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year and my birthday was Corey's first day back at work after having Imogen so it was an interesting day.  My parents came over in the evening and brought us dinner and cake which was awesome!

29 - What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing the baby weight! I wish I was one of those celebrities who the weight magically falls off without even lifting a finger ;-)

30 - How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfortable and expanding! Anything that fit my growing belly and was still comfortable.

31 - What kept you sane?
My family!

32 - Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tom Hardy - except when he was Bane cause that was just freaky!

33 - What political issue stirred you the most?
The gun debate in America and the horrendous mayor elections results on the Gold Coast.  

34 - Who did you miss?
Hayley & Kieran.

35 - Who was the best new person you met?
My mummy group friends. They help me to realise that I am not going crazy when I over think everything to do with Imogen.  Apparently all us first time mums do that.

36 - Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012
Everything good in life takes hard work but it will all be worth it in the end so just stick in there.

37 - Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
In the sunlight or the rain brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way yeah whatever road you may be on
know you're never too far gone
my love is there wherever you may be
just remember that you'll always be my baby
be my baby
You'll always be my baby by Sara Evans
I hope you all have an amazing new years even tonight.  I will be back with more next week after our holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, Just wanted to wish you and your family a happy new year. Your 101 in 1001 list has inspired me to do my own for 2013, so thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Kat! I hope you had a great christmas and new years and I hope this year is a great one for you :) Can't wait to see what you have in store for us sewing wise :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx