Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rainbow Granny Stripe Blanket

Granny Rainbow Blanket 

I have wanted to make a granny stripe blanket for ages.  I have seen so many great ones around the blogosphere and always wanted to make a rainbow striped one.  Although every time I went to make it there would be a colour that I was missing so it kept getting delayed.

Pattern: Granny Stripe Blanket by Attic 24 
Yarn: Mix of colours from the stash
Hook: 4mm
Ravelry Page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kat21/granny-stripes

Granny Rainbow Blanket

Finally I cast on at the start of November.  It has taken me just over a month to complete this blanket but finally it is finished.  I have had it sitting in my project basket and every time I sat down to watch tv I would crochet a few rows.  So it was slow going but it was nice to have a project that didn't need to be finished to a deadline.  Also I am really bad at sitting still so I like to be doing something while watching tv.

Granny Rainbow Blanket

I am not too sure what I am going to do with this blanket.  I cast it on without a person in mind.  I might keep it to use for Imogen but she has quite a few blankets already.  My cousin's girlfriend is having a baby in February but they are having a boy.  Is a rainbow blanket too girly for a boy?  It will probably just end up going into the gift box till a suitable recipient pops up.

8 comments:

  1. i love to crochet, it is so relaxing, you are much faster at it than me though ! keep it in the car, we've got one in ours and it always comes in handy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I love the bright colors in the blanket.

    -Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and think it would be just as great for a boys gift as a girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous. I'm just learning to crochet and I'm not very good (too impatient) but I'd love to make something like this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Kat! Love the colours! Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful Kat. I love your selection of colours. Who ever you choose to give this too they will be very lucky to be given such a beautiful blanket crocheted by you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! And I don't think it's too girly for a boy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep the blanket! It is beautiful. Both my children have crocheted blankets made by my mum when they were born. In addition to that I have a whole collection made by myself and various relatives that come out when my children have friends over in winter and they snuggle up on the couch with blankets (still, at 17 and 14! I thought they would have grown out of it by now). Crocheted blankets are so warm and they are very cute in their riot of colours.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx