Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wrapping Presents

Wrapping Presents

Yesterday's task on the advent calendar was to wrap presents.  We have a big family on Corey's side so wrapping is a big task.  We only buy for the kids, Corey's parents and his little sister and her fiance (as they don't have kids) but that still gives us 16 people just on Corey's side.  We have done quite well this year with only 4 presents left to buy.  Usually we shop for Corey's family all in one big hit the week before Christmas because Corey hates Christmas shopping.  This year though I started while I was on maternity leave so we have made good progress.

Wrapping Presents

This year I decided to put a bit more effort into my wrapping.  I went with brown paper wrapping with doilies and red and white ribbons to match in with the colours on our tree.  I actually had a lot of fun wrapping these presents.  The little one at the front with the pom pom on it is my favourite.  Who doesn't love pom poms!

Wrapping Presents

Unfortunately, I didn't buy enough ribbon so not all the presents are wrapped just yet so this advent task will have to be "to be continued"....

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love them!
    ... and where does one buy paper doilies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine in stacks. They were $2 for a pack of 80.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the use of doilies!! I've been wrapping presents in brown kraft paper and using either yarn or washi tape to decorate. But now I need to add doilies to the mix! And yes....I love the pom pom one too! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the simplicity of the brown paper with the doilies. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. craft paper and doilies= pure christmas magic. love this. x ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gift wrap! I agree, the combination of doilies and brown paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gifts look so lovely all together. I'm a sucker for brown paper wrapping, always looks good

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx