Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crisp Coconut Cookies

Yesterday I went and visited my work mates and since I knew they had been having a few busy weeks I thought they could do with a sweet treat.  I had a flick through my cookbooks to find something that I could cook with the ingredients in the cupboard.  I had coconut leftover from when I made the sushi cake.  Since I can't eat coconut I thought this was probably the only opportunity I would get to use it.  I saved a few for Corey and he loved them.  They last about 5 minutes before he inhaled them.  They also made the house smell amazing!

Coconut Crisp Biscuits

Crisp Coconut Biscuits from Beautiful Biscuits by Australian Women's Weekly

125g butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
2 cups sr flour
pinch salt
1 cup coconut
extra sugar

Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg.  Add sifted flour, salt and coconut.

Roll into balls and press flat between your hands.  Dip top side in extra sugar.

Place on a greased oven tray (allow for spreading).  Bake in moderate hot oven 10 to 15 minutes.

Makes about 40.

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look gorgeous, and I love your blanket in your previous post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx